Job: Tax Associate, Manager/Principal- SALT
|| Tax Associate, Manager/Principal- SALT
||CPA Firm Positions
||$90K – 300K
Big 4 and large, regional CPA firms seeks SALT specialist to join their tax department
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Determining clients’ state and local tax burden through compliance and advisory services for C and S corporations and partnerships.
- Handling day to day SALT needs for clients
- Preparing/reviewing tax returns and payments
- Performing tax audits
- Handling state & local tax controversy issues & determining the best way to avoid these issues in the future.
- Handling protests & preparing clients for meetings with auditors, and representing the clients at all hearings.
- Supervising, training and evaluating advanced level staff
- Coaching, mentoring and assisting staff so they can develop and assist in the growth of the tax function
- Maintaining knowledge of new tax issues and general business trends that affect the client
The right candidate will have:
- BS in Accounting
- MS, JD, or LLM in tax a big plus.
- CPA or parts passed highly preferred for Associate level, a must for levels Manager and above
- 2-5 years’ experience (Tax Associate position) and 8+ years’ experience (Tax Manager/Principal) in CPA tax department or similar industry experience with a specialization in SALT
- Solid understanding of state & local income & franchise tax, sales & use tax laws, regulations, policies & procedures, tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, reverse audits & state controversy work
- Strong team player
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
All candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
||New York, NY